Wednesday, August 29, 2007

400 Final-Osaka, Japan

Well....... I am not very happy with the end result of today's race. You know I really don't know what went wrong. I came into the race warmed up, feeling great and wanted to run fast. My legs felt in great shape and during warm-up my turnover was quick and on point. The only solution that I can come up with is......today just wasn't my day! One amazing thing is that at the last World Championships my time would have placed fourth, this was a fast race!!!!!

I came into the race very excited, even after finding out that I was in lane 2. I reminded myself that every lane is 400 meters. Being in lane 2 might have been a small downfall for me. You are able to see the entire feild and can sometimes change your race strategy. One thing that I can take from this whole experience is that I am still a great 400 meter runner. I am one of the greatest in the world. No one exected me to even make finals, I am happy to have proved many wrong. This was my first outdoor World Championships.....I have had a long exciting year. When asked by my husband who trains with me, "Did you see yourslf being here from the start of the indoor season?" I truly can say that in January, February or even March I was not thinking about making it to the finals in the 400 meters at Worlds. For me the big accomplishment was to make the final at Nationals. Whoa did I exceed that.....I am truly thankful for all the blessings and opportunities that I have recieved this year.

I now have to revert my focus to the 4X400 relay where we have a strong chance of getting a gold medal. I will definitly have more fire to drive for the win. World's is an amazing place to be, it simulates what the Olympics will bring. The best of the best, and a place where athletes show what they have worked all year for. Once again thanks for all your support.....having you makes a difference!!!!!

No comments: