Tuesday, August 21, 2007

2007 Pre World Championships (Osaka, Japan)

HI......
I am in Japan and have been here for a week now at the pre-camp training site. Japan has been an awesome city in catering to our needs and being very supportive as we are preparing for the World Championships. I have gotten the chance to meet some high school athletes and other individuals who love track and field, especially the USA Team. The weather is very hot here and we have trained both in the morning ad evening hours. My favorite food while in Japan has been sticky rice.....you can enjoy it both for breakfast and dinner.

I have gotten the chance to have my husband here with me. He is my training partner and coach. We have been able to get some really good workouts in prior to moving to the athlete village. This whole experience is wonderful, you get a chance to meet with oher athletes and prepare for representing your country! I am very thankful to have made this trip. I am not just thankful to be here, but excited about medaling for my country both in the 400 and 4x400 relay. Please continue to keep me in your prayers and I know that I have many supporters back in the states.

I am counting down the days until my first competition. Here in Japan we are 14 hours ahead of Cincinnati time. So as I am writing this it is 9:04am on Wednesday, but in Cincinnati it is 8:04 pm. My first day of competition will be on Sunday morning here in Japan. Until then may the Lord continue to be with me.....and I hope to write more soon!!!!!!

No comments: