Tuesday, August 21, 2007

2007 London Meet & Stockholm Meet

Greetings,
I hope everyone is well and is enjoying the heat that the summer is providing.
Travels have been keeping me very busy, but I have to fill you in on how these two last races went. Running at these last meets gave me an opportunity to see what shape I might be in prior to the World Championships. Throughout the summer European schedule I struggled to break 51 in several races. I did not let this factor bring me down instead I stayed mentally strong!! I have realized that if you aren't mentally and physically prepared.......then you aren't ready to be in Europe.

I am definitely stronger mentally and physically. I have seen what it takes to race with the best and I am ready. If you weren't able to see either meets they are shown on www.wcsn.com You can start a subscription to view all meets and be able to enjoy from your home or work. As I race more, I am learning more and more about the 400. The London race showed that I ran the race too aggressive and was unable to relax throughout the race. Thus making the last 100 meters difficult. Starting from lane 2 I decided to push it and make up staggers......well I was in position coming off at the 300 meters but just didn't have the last 60 meters of the race. I experienced taking out the first 200 meters much faster than I usually do. The complete race will come in good time. Sweden was fascinating..... the atmosphere at the meet was very inviting and they even played Michael Jackson as we were introduced. I finally was back to my old self in this race. Lane 8 you are totally not able to see anyone. I was able to concentrate on running my own race! I was pleased with my finish. Now to prepare for the biggest meet on my schedule----WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!

I would also like to mention the two individuals that I met while in Sweden. Thank you for taking the time to speak with me, and I hope that you both enjoyed the meet. As one of the meet volunteers, you guys did a great job and hope to see you again next year! I appreciate you for taking the time to read my blog..stay tuned...

No comments: