Wednesday, September 5, 2007

2007 4X400 Relay- Osaka, Japan



Hello everyone,

It is officially the last day of competition here at the IAAF World Championships. I must say that my experience here was very rewarding. I was able to come and represent my country and at the same time become more acquainted with many team members. The ladies that I ran with both on the prelim and final, are great individuals. It was truly an honor and pleasure to become teammates and friends. I am walking away from this experience with a new sense of being. I am walking away also with a Gold Medal. I would like to acknowledge the hard work that each person did and say thank you....because without you all...there would have been no team or medal. Thanks Natasha Hastings, Monique Hennegan, DeeDee Trotter, Allyson Felix, and Sanya Richards.....you ladies are the best!!!!!

Whenever you think of the relays you get a rush feeling of adrenaline, the relays often make or break a meet. What also helped out was that the USA Team took Gold in all the relays, both men and women. That night before we ladies lined up to go into the call room we prayed as a team. What got us here, would definitely keep us here, reminded out Relay's Coach. I personally knew that even though I was nervous, I would use it as positive energy in the race. I wanted to get out there and give my best and help my team to a victory....

With the help of my other five teammates we were able to accomplish our mission. When our last leg crossed the line, we all ran out onto the track screaming!!! USA, USA, USA is all that I could hear from the crowd, the cameras began to flash and at the moment we were on top of the world!!!! The men would be up next on the track and accomplish a victory. During the awards ceremony it was just wonderful standing on the podium as my national anthem was played. What honour.... I held myself back from shedding tears of joy, but all I could imagine is...man this is just like the Olympics. I pray that my success continues, so that I may be on the TEAM Beijing 2008.

It was sad to leave Japan, I felt as if I just started to get comfortable in a new country. I admired the many fans that came out to support the track meet. The volunteers were all very friendly and enjoyed supporting us. My Japanese wasn't the greatest but I was able to say Arigatou gozaimasu (Thank you)


ありがとうございます

No comments: