Sunday, June 24, 2007

2007 AT&T Outdoor Nationals- Day 1

Heat 4, Lane 6
Thursday June, 21

The time has come and the Outdoor Nationals are finally here. This is what all of the athletes train for. We work hard, train hard and at the end of our road this is where we would like to peak. I am so excited coming into Nationals, and I have set some high goals for myself. I am currently ranked with the fourth fastest time coming into the meet. Many individuals have stated their predictions on different websites, which don't include me finishing in the top five. I definitely plan on proving them wrong!

When you come into a big Championship Meet like this, 50% of the competition is mental and the other 50% is physical. Your body goes through the cycle of competing at hard levels for three days straight. At the end you are thankful that it is over. For this meet I had many supporters!! I would just like to thank my mom, Chris, my in-laws and many other friends who came all the way to Indy to show support. Without you all I don't think I could have made it past round one. But like they say having positive support allows you to soar to higher levels.

Day 1 was very relaxed for me, I was confident that I would win my heat and move on to the next round. I visually saw myself getting out of the blocks and powering down the last 100 meters. I came through the line first with a 51.15, and that put me into the next round. My competitors also ran well in their heats, but my time was the second fastest overall. After the race I got a rub out and an ice bath.

No comments: